The Benefits of Expandable Steel Frames
Fully Expandable & Reversible:
Over 3" of expansion fits any wall thickness from 4-1/2" to 7-5/8". Stocking is simplified and many installation costs are eliminated.
No handling is required.
Side Jambs and header are each of one piece. No need to choose various extension sections. No loose pieces to lose or damage.
The strength of 18 g. steel and the safety of 90 minute fire rating for both single and double door units.
The long term protection of hot-dipped galvanized steel: an excellent base for the finish of your choice.
- Heights: 6'8" and 7'0"
- Widths: 2'0" to 6'0" (standard Widths)
- Rabbet: 1-3/4"
- Fire Rating: 90 minute (W.H.I.) for single and double openings
- Machining: prepared for 3 x 4'1/2 screw-on butts and single 2-3/4" T-strike for self tapping screws. ANSI 4-7/8" prep. available as option. Deadlock strike and closer or panic reinforcing optional.
- Finish: hot dipped galvanized 18 g steel.
- Anchoring System: 14 x 2-1/2" #8 drywall screws
- Rough openings: door width plus 1-3/4", door height plus 2" from finished floor